12.6.07

life update schtuff

1. demyth. morality part ii will be coming shortly. a beautiful thing with writing is that it is often exploratory and you behold things that you did not foresee. and so it is here.
2. kj2 (i.e. the younger kj, kathryn anne jensen) graduates from high school tomorrow. if you know her and how to contact her, do so and give her proper congratulations. love on the katie kathryn.

3. in general, the family is very well. I am eager and proud to say that my parents have renewed their commitment and love for each other in a way I never thought possible in such a short timespan. humility and commitment provide the foundation for so much more.

4. the last two days of seriously pursued rest have been wonderful. amazing how much large volumes of sleep helps.

5. serious use of the word 'research' to describe my life begins tomorrow. thank God.

---

things on my mind/heart presently:
- soundview. particularly our young men. for too long there's been a sickness among us. I'm thinking primarily about the male lit program. the issues that seem the most obvious to me are as follows:
i. a vacillating lack of commitment.
ii. an absence of binding community.
iii. a general lack of initiative.
iv. little apparent hunger for character/integrity-development.
v. too much performance before women.
the first matter (commitment) is by far the most important for many reasons. I pray for a God-inspired, God-authored kick-to-the-ass to awaken the taking-the-Kingdom-seriously so desperately needed. simply yelling and/or shaming has nothing to do with God, for submission is assisted and begun by Him but accepted and loved by the Christian.
- I've been far too severe lately. it has been with fiery eyes that I've come to see some of the ferocity and severity of God, bringing with it confirmation of my own fire and intensity as given by God. however I have made indulgence of confirmation rather than looking for instruction and discipline. mercy and grace alongside fire and the sword: that is the picture of Jesus as He reveals Himself.
- what a life it would be where the heart actually knew its own state and acted accordingly. especially in relation to women. ha!
- Christ is unique in the following way: He commands us to something akin to an Absolute morality, but does not offer protection for our conscience. He does not suffer us to drift in the idolatry of subjective ethics any more than codified idolatrous Ethics. the question "who will command my conscience?" is laid waste and replaced with the monstrosity of unconditional love. and thus the first sin is undone and turned back upon itself.


---

man versus himself
man versus machine
man versus the world
mankind versus me
the struggles go on
the wisdom I lack
the burdens keep
piling up on my back
so hard to breathe
to take the next step
the mountain is high
I wait in the depths
yearning for grace
and hoping for peace
dear GOD INCREASE!

healing hands
of God have mercy on us
clean our souls once again
Jesus Christ!
Light of the world
burning bright
within our hearts forever
freedom means love
without condition
without a beginning or an end
here's my heart
let it be forever Yours
only You can make
every new day
seem so new

HALLELUJAH!

---

time to run.

to Christ the Perfect Redeemer, Who we Know without knowing, Whose Revelation subsumes and conquers our feeble knowledge, Who initiates, achieves, and completes Real submission, we cry out in Your love. amen.

No comments: