22.2.05

praise God!

got accepted into UW's ph.d. program for physics with a physics department fellowship. UW's particle physics division is highly ranked (#8) and their theory subset is particularly distinguished. I'm going up in a couple weekends to meet with faculty (hopefully matt strassler) and get introduced to the department.

this whole process has been an answer to so many prayers. I am still waiting to hear back from the eight other schools I applied to, trusting that God will take me wherever He wants to. however, I am seriously looking into uw's program for now and am more than enthused.

continuing prayer. I will admit I want to hear back from these schools now rather than later, especially as rachel is now intermixed with my future plans. basically lots of prayer.

quote of the day:
"Objective evidence and certitude are doubtless very fine ideals to play with, but where on this moonlit and dream-visited planet are they found?" - William James

thus illustrating the necessity of revelation in a convicted religious life.

No comments: