1.4.07

nourishment

man cannot live in a vacuum. this fact - true at all levels of living - is inescapable, for it is a piece of the revealed Absolute and therefore should be viewed in relation to the living Truth (in whom full Life is found) instead of a mere object of knowledge. the connection from the destructive (man cannot live) to the constructive (man will live) is found in the pulse that drives Creation.

in simpler words, man must be loved in order to Live Truthfully . the converse action is also true: that man must also love in order to Live.

but what is this love? it is beyond me!


---

my love is feeble and broken. self-seeking and ignorant. prideful and arrogant. presumptuous and flippant. incompetent and awkward. a lie steeped in hate.

so is yours.

this is a lesson of the Cross that must always be before us: that my 'love,' when confronted with the Source of Perfect Love, is unmasked for venom and violence upon the only One who really loves me. that my sin is more than something I do; that it is the rebellion that would execute Jesus in the most humiliating way posible.

---

my love will shatter me and anyone near. it cannot survive the Light of eternity.

something else is required. Real love. it must therefore be derived from the Provider of True love.

ironically His love - the real thing! - also breaks the world. it shatters me, for I am not Real enough for Reality; the weight of glory passes through me.

---

and so I thank you, my beloved soundview family, for the love you have shown me and continue to shower down on me. I find rest in that love. and that true rest is an indication of your submission before God, that your love is covered by Him and therefore made True in me.

you are a light to my eyes and a song to my spirit; even your presence nourishes me and treats many wounds. you have been as angels in my life.


He has made us the family of God. may we never turn away from that gift in which we are bound for this life and the next.

No comments: